Friday, February 22, 2008

Master Chief, the cure for rainy day blues?

It's raining today, not just your standard wet rain, no this is a very windy, wintry rain. A rain of the kind that bites at your fingers and makes your knees stiff.

Winter has for the most part been mild this year, the last time Copenhagen had a winter like this was, funnily enough, last year. We were talking about it at lunch today and the collective lunch table remembered that  in two days time and a year ago, we had a snowman build-able snow storm, complete with traffic problems and train delays. So now we wait and see.

What does this have to do with rain and me? Nothing much except I need summer. I am cold and wet and sitting in a misted up train coupe needing sun. I will get sun this Xmas, proper Durban Sun with a capital DS, but that's a year away almost.

I digress, last years summer was crap. Really, it was just bland and with the exception of maybe fifteen mediocre days of luke-warm mildness, it was shitty.

So here I stand on the metro platform (line 2), with my coat tails blowing around, in the icy rain, with the prospect of last years weather cycle on the verge of making a repeat comeback and I am almost depressed.

It won't be a bad summer, I will learn a form of black magic and put out some calls, but it still doesn't lighten my current frame of mind.

Green, Yellow, Red - 505 makes the world a little brighter. 

On the plus, I kicked ass in halo 3 last night. I have a wonderful girlfriend and two bomb cats. Life is good, just so long as I get into some warm dry clothes and boot up some master chief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you forgot to memtion you have kickass friends as well.
cheers